Remington expands ammo plant in Arkansas

dakota.potts

I read this as "Remington ammo plant explodes in Arkansas" so anything else is good news by comparison.

I'm not even dyslexic... :confused:

Technosavant

It seems that the ammo makers have realized that the increased demand isn't going to go away anytime soon.

In the first panic of '08-09, they were reluctant to expand in case things dropped back. Demand did reduce, but not to earlier levels. Then things kept building from there. More people got into shooting. And then we say the '12-13 panic. Even as things normalize, it's normalizing at rather higher demand levels than we've seen before.

I'm glad the makers have decided not to just run the machines longer, but to actually expand production capability. They realized they won't have any problems selling it.

22-rimfire

I just hope they keep their eye on QA/QC issues. I realize when there is a shortage, ANY ammo is okay. But when times progress to normal supply and demand levels, then quality control becomes very important.

spacecoast

Quote:
I read recently that Americans bought ~12 billion rounds last year...

Found the article (Sept. 2013 issue of Guns & Ammo) -

In 2012 manufacturers produced more than 12 billion rounds

(so we were both wrong, but you were far closer to right) :)

I wonder how many rounds reloaders add to this total.

Last edited:

Rifleman1776

I just hope they keep their eye on QA/QC issues

They will. Their factories are so modern and automated that quality is very consistent.
I recall, years ago, I got some .243 that wouldn't chamber. I contacted Rem and told them. They sent me mailing labels and after it went back the reported back to me, by phone, on the results of their testing and explained what they did to correct and assure it wouldn't happen again. And they sent me coupons for free ammo. Can't ask for better than that, especially with a mass produced product. Rem is proud to be in Arkansas and Arkansas is proud to have them.

ClydeFrog

Big Green....

I shot a lot of Golden Saber in the 1990s. The .357magnum, .38spl & .40(165gr JHP).
I never had any problems with the Remington line. I may buy a new 50rd box of 185gr bonded Golden Saber JHPs for my M&P compact .45acp.

Ranger T, Speer Gold Dot, HST, & Hornady Critical Duty are great too but Remington seems to be more available to US gun owners & armed professionals.

ClydeFrog

Remington, New York....

I'd like to know if Remington(owned by ATK) will relocate the gun production plant or services from New York to the new site in AR.
I'd heard the company wasn't thrilled with the SAFE Act 2013. :rolleyes:

Remington/ATK should be able to churn out ammunition and firearms in demand. I agree too that QC should be a standard for the expanded lines.

FWIW; ATK is also the owner of the Duck Commander firm(as seen on the hit TV show; Duck Dynasty).

dogtown tom

ClydeFrog I'd like to know if Remington(owned by ATK)....

Nope. Remington is owned by the Freedom Group.

ATK ammunition brands include Federal Premium, CCI, Fusion, Speer Ammo, Speer Bullets, Estate Cartridge and Blazer.