Remington Dreams

johnrtse

Since I finally got a Remington Revolving Carbine today, I had to take a family picture!

Clockwise from the top: Uberti Remington Revolving Carbine, genuine Remington New Model Army (re-blued, but completely numbers matching and martially marked), antiqued/browned Pietta 8" barrel, Pietta 8" with ported Kirst Konverter in .45LC/.45ACP w/extractor, Pietta 5 1/2" w/ R&D Conversion in .45LC.

Enjoy- Let's see YOUR pics!
John

Rem_dreams1.jpg

Low Key

John, you've made me jealous! That's a nice collection of Remingtons. :D
Here's a picture of my 58 Target Version:
1858Rem001.jpg

and a picture of my antiqued 58 with regular notch sights:
58refinished.jpg

I would like to add a 5 1/2in barrel version, as well as a stainless version, and another blued one and maybe the one Cabela's has with the case hardened frame and checkered grips.

After I get the Christmas debts payed off, I know where my overtime money is going to be spent! :D

Remington kid

Boy you rich guys sure make me jealous :( Just kidding! What a great collection. Congrats on your choice of weapons too! I'm kind a partial to Remington's too:D

Old Dragoon

Here are my "58's to date.
Top to bottom
2002 Pietta 8 Inch with Kirst 44 Rem. ported Konverter and ejector, 2000 Pietta 8 inch, 2005 4 3/4 inch Gunfighter. it now has the rammer lock installed

I'm looking for a carbine too. but first a gated Kirst in 44 rem for the 2000, and a ported one for the Gunfighter. It's only money right??

1858Remtrio-2.jpg

here is the gunfighter shown with the Conversion cylinder,the jointed cyl pin and rammer latch installed.
Gunfighter-right-2.jpg

Smokin_Gun

Old Dragoon I got my Uberti 1858 Rem today...this one I'm a keepin' it'll be my primary shooter from now on as long as it groups them like the Piettas do.
Still have to slug the barrel see what she is. If .456 or less I'll be gettin the Kirst ported .44 conversion like you have for it.

Oh got my results back from the City of L.A. Medical Examiner today also... all good! I'm awaiting a call from Personel on Tuesday or sometime next week for a start date.... yee hawww!

Happy Camper

Old Dragoon

How does it compare to the weight and grip of your Armi San paolo? closer than the Pietta's? I read that the Uberti was smaller and closer to the original Rem. and the grip was closer to original Rem. too. Comments?

Cool on the report and the Job too.

Smokin_Gun

More like the Pietta but the frame at the backstrap or above the cylinder don't look as wide...between the Pietta and the Uberti the Uberti is a hair narrower in the frame and the grip by .025" at the Top of Frame that's about all. The grip is about .100" smaller. Still way bigger than the Armi San Paolo...

Oldelm

Smokin,.....congrats on passin your test for the job!:D :D I'll tell Woody,...he'll want to celebrate for ya.