Remington double rifle

Bigfatts

Just before hunting season this year I did some trading and came up with a Remmie 700 BDL in .308. I wanted a new hunting rifle but as much as I try I just can't get into the BDL. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful rifle and I like it, it just doesn't turn me on if you know what I mean. So I'm looking at trading it off for something else.

So now I'm looking around and the Remington double rifles have caught my eye. Either the .30-06 or the .45-70 and I'm looking for some opinions. Anybody here own one? Now before someone starts off with the 'they're cheap' and all that. I know. They are what they are. It's a sub $1000 double rifle and it just looks like it would be fun to play around with and take hog hunting. I've heard from a couple people who have and love them, just looking for more first hand experiences. I have had a couple of the Baikal shotguns (Baikal makes the rifles for Remington) and while they weren't especially pretty they made for good workhorses. I plan to go to Africa some day and this would give me some experience with a double. Probably the most action it will see is a quick follow up on the uber dangerous Cypress stump. So, opinions?