Remington 887

Beentown71

Tell me about your experiences with the 887. I have a nephew who is ROUGH on shotguns and was thinking of buying this one for him. I see mixed reviews where the negative seems to come from the tried and true 870 fans.

Dang duck hunters anyhow.... :p

NO, the negative isn't just from 870 fans (as I am not a real divoute 870 fan). I hate the 887; it's bulky, breaks trigger parts, jams, has a terrible trigger pull, and the action is very rough. Do not buy it! Remington attempted to competewith/copy the Benelli Nova, hold a Benelli Nova (or supernova) and an 887, I highly recommend the Nova as a tough "do all" shotgun.

hargroderauto

I bought the 887 for my son last Christmas and it has been flawless. It seems either people love them or hate them. He has shot over 3000 rounds through it without any problems. We shoot informal clays often and also have hunted ducks, rabbits, squirrel, and doves with it. The action was tight at first but has smoothed out nicely. I have heard horror stories about early production models but the 887 we have has not had any problems. I did have a Nova Pump that I sold because it kicked like a mule, but in hindsight wish I would have kept it. I will say that the Nova is a better made gun without as many complaints as the 887. If I had to do it over again I would would buy the Nova and put a thicker recoil pad on it.