Remington 870 Choke Tube

loc123

I have the turkey/deer combo camo set. I want to take this goose hunting for the weekend. I know I cannot use the turkey tube for steel shot so what choke tube do you recommend for this short barrel gun? Most shot will be passing not over decoy's so i'm assuming modified but not sure what brand works the best in these short barrel guns.

AllenJ

I always used a Rem Choke modified in my turkey special and had no problems with it. Barrel length has nothing to do with the pattern so that is a non factor.

oneounceload

Barrel length, while not a factor for patterns, DOES come into play when pass shooting longer barrels enable better swing dynamics

Modified will be a good choice - as to brands, that will be determined by YOUR gun. Try the Remington ones and see - you can always go get a more expensive one later if you think it will do a better job

jmr40

Modified is where I'd start, but steel shot, especially large steel shot will often pattern better with IC. Just have to shoot at some paper and see what happens with your gun.

BigJimP

Modified is as tight as you want to go -- when you're shooting steel ...so don't start there and go tighter ...go looser to an Imp Cyclinder if you want - but not tighter than a Mod.