Remington 870 20ga Question

BillCA

I just picked up a 20gauge 870 that I have a couple of questions about.

The receiver is marked Remington 870 Express Magnum and it is a 20 gauge with about a 20" or 21" barrel with a Remington screw in choke. Serial number is C512xxxU. Finish is a matte blue; stocks are black synthetic.

1. The length of pull is 14" (trigger to buttpad). This doesn't seem to be a youth model. But I can't find this cataloged in Remington's website.

2. Is this receiver the same dimensions as the 12ga reciver? This is my first 870 and the receiver is smaller than my Winchester 1300.

3. Does anyone make "tactical" gear for a 20 gauge? As a HD shotgun this gun is quick, light and robust, but only a 4 round magazine.

4. What do these short 20's usually sell for?

Thanks for reading,

Dfariswheel

If it's any help to you, my 12 gauge Police Model is 14" from the butt to the trigger.
I think that's Remington's standard length for all adult stocks.

The 20 gauge action and major parts are smaller than the 12 gauge model.

I haven't really investigated tactical accessories for the 20, but Choate does make a magazine extender for the 870 20 gauge.

arcticap

The 21 inch barrel is only available on the youth model, someone must have installed an adult composite stock. The receiver is not the same as a 12 ga., all of the modern 20's are lightweight magnum's vs. the standard ones of old.
Choate also offers a pistol grip stock for it I believe. The gun probably cost about $239 at Wal mart depending on the year. The barrel has a lot of value to it especially if someone tried to purchase it new, maybe $160 list. Some of the newest 20 ga. slug barrels for it from Rem. are now being chambered @ 3 inches instead of 2¾".

BillCA

Thanks guys.

It's a handy little shotgun and the two selling points for me were the short 20 gauge barrel and the screw in choke tubes.