Remington 788 factory tag - what do I do with it? Is it worth anything?

2DaMtns

I posted another thread about deciding between two 22-250's. I went with a Remington 788. When I showed up to buy it, the guy included this tag with the rifle. It is in excellent to mint condition. Wish he had the box and factory paperwork in the same condition (or at all). Anyone know if anyone collects these things, or if it's worth anything other than the cool factor?

Attachments

• 0221162040.jpg
    0221162040.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 0221162041.jpg
    0221162041.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 0221162041a.jpg
    0221162041a.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 28

g.willikers

How many 788s have been made?
How many of those tags have there been made?
Collectibility usually requires rarity, either in the amount made, or the amount survived.
Does this qualify?

2DaMtns

I don't know. That' why I'm asking. I'm mainly trying to find someone who has a box, paperwork, etc., but needs a tag to complete their package. If anyone even collects this stuff.

briandg

There are plenty of people who collect ephemera like this. Value on it will likely be no more Han a few dollars, I expect, and you will find it hard to find a buyer.

Cigar boxes and label art can sell in the range of hundreds of dollars, but many will also sell for ten bucks, including a cheap frame and free shipping. A dealer may find a case of 3,000 fine looking lithograph prints, and flood them on the market to much 've them. Ten bucks may be the turning point that makes people buy. Five or ten may be the price it will take to convince the very limited numberof people who would be interested in it to want it.

mete

Sell it to target or serious varmint shooters -- the 788 has a very short lock time -- those types will be interested .