Remington 7600 as trunk gun

Polinese

I've been shopping around for a rifle to keep in the trunk for whatever odd jobs come about and came across a remington 7600 in 30-06 today used at a local shop. Had a few tiny rust spots on the magazine and had a leupold 1.5-5x scope on it. The dealer (whom i trust) was asking only 300 for the setup, he said he marked it down cheaper because the previous owner had cut something like a inch or so off the stock.

Any opinions on this gun? I didn't know anything about pump rifles until today and still know very very little but the price seemed pretty right for a rifle that probably won't ever be used for anything other than getting a lil time at the range and riding around in the trunk.

BIG P

Yes it will make a nice truck gun ,good deal too.I've have a 270 in 7600 that i've used sence 92.Never had any trouble with it at all,cant remember all the game its taken shoots about 1.5'' groups with most anything I put in it.Its pretty lite fast action trigger is a little rough,but off hand its hard to beat.they're more accurate than most people think. I'VE never had a FTF or any cycle problems at all, If you like a pump shotgun I think you'll enjoy the 7600. good luck:D

Jim243

Yes go for it.

Jim

SAM_0239.jpg

eastbank

the scope is worth 150.00 if a verix 11 or 250.00 if a verix 111, the rem 7600 will get the job done and will not scare the bejebbers out of people that may see it. it,s a real good deal. eastbank.

bullethole1

Id go with a "Brand New" Savage in that caliber for a couple hundred more. I dont know,its just me,I dont like buying used stuff.:eek:

oneoldsap

I think you forgot about the Leupold there Bullethole ! Not everyone cares for Savage Rifles , including myself !

bamaranger

sure

The pump will make a good trunk gun. Add a pad to make up the length onthe stock. Since the rifle's been modified, you might want to dock the bbl (correctly) as well and have a carbine.

Polinese

Thanks for the replies, assuming I can get the money before someone else snatches it I'll be the owner of a Remington 7600. And its the 18.5 inch barrel version, I figure thats short enough for the 30-06

Doyle

And its the 18.5 inch barrel version, I figure thats short enough for the 30-06

If you handload, you can mitigate the effect of that short barrel by using a load with a slightly faster burning powder.