Remington 700PSS questions

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
I recently purchased a Remington 700PSS chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum. I've heard that the trigger weight is easily adjusted but what exactly is the procedure or where can I find it? The HS Precision stock will need to be torqued to the correct specification after the trigger is lightened. What torque wrench should I get? What is the correct ft/lb for the stock. What weight trigger pull do you recommend?

Mike Baugh

Spartacus , I just finished setting up my Remington LTR and I set my trigger at just over 3lbs . I did have to relieve the barrel channel of the stock in a couple places because of insufficient clearance with the barrel and I used Marine-Tex to fill the holes in the barrel channel where the swivel studs were drilled through to keep debris from collecting there . I picked up a Craftsman torque wrench but I had to make the socket for it . My screws take a 5/32" hex and Craftsman only offers that size in a 1/4" drive , that socket would rub the triggerguard on the rear screw . I cut off an allen wrench in a little longer length and used the Marine-Tex to secure it in a 5/32 socket . If I had it to do over again I would get the wrench from Premier Reticles for $65 that is preset at 65in. lbs . I was not sure if the 65in. lbs would be too much for the aluminum floorplate assembly so I wanted to start out at 45in. lbs . I did not have any trouble with the 65in. lbs but I did lube the screws and sockets in the floorplate with CLP so the aluminum would not gald . Good luck , Mike...