Remington 700 Vls

buford1

How accurate is this rifle in 308, and what would be its max range. would it be accurate out to 700 yards. Want to start long range shooting. Any opions on this rifle. Must be a tack driver.

k in AR

I have a 1995 700 VLS in 308 and I'm very happy with the accuracy. The only work I had to do on it was a good bedding job. They have changed to the look of the stock since mine was made but hopefully it didn't effect the quality.

At 100 yards mine will hold 5 shots in 3/8" using Matchking and about 1/2 inch using Federal Premium 165 Gameking loads. Of course that is from a good solid bench & I have to be on my game as well. k

El Rojo

The VLS has the same action and barrel as a VS and a PSS (700P). With that being said, I use my VS to shoot 1000 yard matches with good results. That rifle will work very well at 700 yards with the right ammo.

629 shooter

I owned a 700 VS in .308 and it produced good accuracy right out of the box. I now own a 700 VLS in .223 and it was not accurate out of the box. The laminated stock's barrel channel - at least on mine - was not even close to being free floated. After much sanding to free float the barrel the rifle started to actually group well.