Remington 700 PPS detachable magazine problem

MP-5

I have a Remington 700 PPS in .308 with a detachable magazine. Shoots outstanding, however there is a slight problem. When I load three rounds in the mag I have serious feeding problems. The bullet hits the top of the barrel and jams the gun. Functions fine with two rounds in the mag. Is this common? Possible problem with the feedlips? Suggestions?:confused:

Rob01

MP-5 unfortunately it's very common and the reason Remington stopped producing the DM model of the 700P. They were getting a bunch back and they couldn't fix them. You could try another mag and see if that helps or get another DM floorplate like the HS Precision unit which is excellent but runs about $180. Or turn it into a basic BDL style with the hinged floorplate. Sorry.

Klaatu

All I can say is "join the club". I was planning on getting the fixed floorplate myself. It isn't as if a box magazine is really necessary on a bolt anyway.

But if you have the money, there's always the conversion to accept the 20 round M-14 mag. Personally, I'll stick with the internal magazine & floorplate model. Wish Rem would go to a steel trigger guard unit.