Remington 700 ADL

torquewrench

I just picked up a Remington Model 700 ADL. It has a 26 inch heavy barrel, regular size bolt handle, internal mag with no floor plate, and a silly camo stock. Brand new: $400. Couldn't pass it up.

I want to make this into a nice long range shooter. I was planning on spending more money on something already set up with a nice stock with adjustable length of pull and cheek rest.

I am wondering what kind of stock I can get set up with for $500??

Any ideas...???

torquewrench

BikerRn,
Thanks for the link. That is really nice looking stock. Fits the bill on cost too.

Thanks again for the productive reply..

Rob96

Before you go changing things, shoot it! I have this rifle in 308. It originally shot .65moa. I just got it back from the 'smith, had the barrel cut to 20" and a recessed crown. This thing is now shooting .55moa, with the factory stock.:D

ndking1126

I think you are saying you want to spend $500 on the stock by itself? If so, I would recommend a Manners Stock. I haven't shot them myself, but if I was spending that much money, that's what I would buy. www.mannerstocks.com

One other possible idea for you is to buy a Bell and Carlson Medalist Tactical for approximately $250 and add the extra $250 to what you had already planned for the scope. I own a Medalist Tactical and am very happy with it. Worth every penny. You can't spend too much money on the scope if you are building a long range rifle..

ndking1126

Ah crud, you said ADL. I don't think B&C sells the Medalist Tactical in ADL, only BDL with hinged floorplate. I might be wrong though.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-496/thumbhole-laminated-rifle-stock/Detail This could be another option if you wanted to put money towards a better scope. If you went this route, you would probably want to have the stock glass bedded by a good gunsmith. That should run less than $100, so you are still looking at about the same price.

hooligan1

I think I'd shy away from the Bell&Carlson,,,, 1 reason POOR customer service...:mad: I bought one of the Duramaxx stocks and it never fit properly and after sending it back to Doge city,,,, they did absolutely nothing to it and sent it back......:( I'm seriously thing of making a lamp out of it);)

tobnpr

The Choate Tactical is a nice stock...we have one (w/out the adj. cheekrest) on a Savage. Just be advised it's a heavy sucker...

Also have a B&C Tactical Medalist on a 700, and think it's a great value for the $$.

torquewrench

I found one i am going to look into further. Mcree Precision T-Mag. A little more than I wanted to spend. I can't find many reviews on it. I think I will post a thread asking for reviews on it.

ndking1126

Looks like a pretty cool stock. Never heard of it though.

If you are willing to go above $500, you gotta check out Accuracy International stocks if you haven't already. They even have folding models like the McRee Precision. If you are willing to look alittle while, you can probably find one used and save a few bucks.

torquewrench

I am going with the Mcree Precision T-Mag. It is couple hundred less than Accuracy International.. A couple hundred more that I wanted to spend. But it is a solid system. Thanks for all the replies. I checked out the links posted and considered the Choate, HS Precision, Bell and Carlson..