Remington 600

MP-44

I don't hunt much but I was looking around for a low cost "interesting rifle"hunting rifle. I had pretty much made up my mind on a Savage 99 but then started looking at the Ruger RSI mannlicher stocked .308( I would love a Mannlicher Schoenauer but thats waaaay out of my price range). But then I went out today to check out some pawn shops and found a remington 600 in .308. The rifle is in good condition and is scoped. The price was $389. ? I still have about two weeks before I am ready to buy so I have time to think about it. So those that have experiece with this rifle how do you like it? Thanks.

Jim Watson

Plastic ventilated rib, dogleg bolt handle, pressed checkering and all, they are good shooters. I wish I had my .35 back.

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
I have a hunting buddy that has one.........hellofa brush rifle. He has an aimpoint sight on it. Quick, fast accurate. If I stumble on one it will probably find its way to my gun safe.

AUTiger73

Have Remington Model 600 - 308WCF which is my "go to" rifle for deer hunting. All of my plastic (barrel rib and trigger guard housing) has been discarded long ago. Many years ago I ordered a metal trigger guard housing from a small manufacturer, seems like he was in Ohio or Penn(?), ... refinished and glass bedded the stock, and results were unbelievable. It is by far the most accurate rifle I own.

And how about that trigger? Less than 3 pounds pull and clean & crisp right from the factory! Note that these guns were recalled because the trigger was just too good. Apparently a pull on the trigger while the safety was engaged and then a release of the safety would cause an unintended discharge. No kidding? Well my rifle never went back for recall work and my discharges are always intended. Just respect the light trigger and beware of the possibilities, and ENJOY IT!

swatman

I have a remington 600 in .308 and it is a dream to shoot. I am usually getting 1.25" groups at 100 yards and the trigger pull is very light and crisp. I got it for 250 dollars and most of the people I have talked to say that it was a very good deal. I have a 3x9 power Buschnell on it and it makes a great deer hunter. :D

weagle

600 rem

I love the remington 600's. I've owned 2: a 600 mohawk (the economy version of the 600) and my current 660 in 350 remington magnum. Be warned the trigger/ safety problem is real. I thought it was a bunch of lawyer BS till my 660 started dropping the hammer when I released the safety. I solved that problem with a fully adjustable aftermarket trigger. The 600's have sort of cult following and usually bring $400 and up retail. Aftermarket metal trigger guard will run you about $100 and aftermarket trigger about $90 if you decide to replace tham. Good shooting, Weagle

OMCHamlin

I have one in 308, with the laminated stock, no rib, burris 1.5 to 4.5, and it's a hammer <1moa), which I didn't expect (thin whippy barrel and all) I hadn't noticed the trigger/safety problem and all, will have to check it out when I get back to the states. Trigger or not, mine's a keeper!
Chris

weagle

600 remington

I think the only 600's/660's that came in a laminated stock were either 6.5 mag or 350. mag. I've never seen one with a thin whippy barrel. All of the 600's I've seen had a quite heavy barrel contour. Personally I prefer the 660 because of the 20" barrel and the lack of the plastic vent rib. Good shooting, Weagle