Remington 597

Birdville2011

Hey, I'm new here and wanted to say hello.

I have a Remington 597 that i need to sight in... how should i do it? it doesn't have a scope

FirstFreedom

1. Set a target 15-25 yards away from you.
2. Aim at the center.
3. Shoot
4. If you are not on the bullseye, then adjust your rear sight accordingly. Move your rear sight in the SAME direction as the direction you want the new point of impact to move toward. Right makes your POI move right, Up, Up, Left, left, and Down, down.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you are on the bullseye.

Consult your owners manual or ask again here, for the proper sight picture with iron sights. Most people use a 6 o'clock hold.

Be careful. Follow the 4 rules to the letter. Have fun. :)

Ifishsum

Welcome to TFL!

You need an Allen wrench of the appropriate size to adjust the rear sight - just loosen the set screw and push it up or down the ramp as appropriate. Be sure you get the screw tight when you have it zeroed, mine fell off, luckily in the bed of the pickup.

I zero mine with CCI Mini Mags @40 yards or so with open sights. Accurate little gun, the 597.

Ifishsum

It makes sure you are on paper and gives you an idea where you're at...it's hard to tell how to adjust if you don't hit the paper @50

Mine came pretty close out of the box, only made minor adjustment for my preferred sight picture.