remington 552?

Pezo

I just regained ownership of this rifle from my father who bought it for me when I was a pre-teen and kept it until now. This rifle looks very well made. I remember it shot very good except when using winchester ammo. It looks like a nice target rifle, any experiences, are these still made?

870 wingmaster

Yes, They do still make the remington speedmaster 552 semi auto. I have its brother the 572 remington fieldmaster pump action and it is a 70's model. They both are good 22 rifles and are still being made. I would hold on to it!!!:)

Tim R

I surprized my son-in-law and his brother on just how well the Speed Master shoots. They were shootng their high speed, low drag heavy barreled 10/22's which sport big scopes. My Speed Master with a old Weaver V-22 grouped almost as well.

Pezo

It's a quallity peice and I probably fired it along the lines of maybe 3 times when my father bought it for me. It looks new even though it is probably almost 20 years old! I cant wait to sight it in and see what groupings I can get.

TrooperSon

The 552 was my first rifle

I got mine in 1981 as my first non-pellet/BB rifle. My Dad bought it from a friend of ours and I believe it had never been used. Although I do not know how long our friend owned it before selling to Dad. Nor do I know how to read the numbers to tell what year it was made. It is a fun rifle. Definitely a keeper.