Remington 550-1 help

pullnshoot25

Ok, so I took my friend's dad's Remi 550-1 so that I could clean it (the poor stainless steel bolt was BLACK.... he hadnt shot this dirty rifle in 40 years!) and I have run into a jam... hehe, no pun intended.

Basically, I am having a little trouble visualizing how the rifle gets put back together (numrich gun parts has a crappy diagram and me, being the 19yr old moron that I am, forgot to take pictures as I went along)

I did, at one point, find a really good diagram but I have since lost it (It is online somewhere... google has failed to turn it up... :( )

Anyways, members of the venerable Firing Line Forum, do any of you guys have any information about disassembly/reassembly of this rifle? Better schematics? Pictures?

I can take pics and even video (youtube, anyone?) if anyone cares to see the problem that I face.

Thanks guys!

-Nathan

Harry Bonar

Rem.

Nathan:
You don't sound like an idiot! You're interested in fixing your rifle and you don't realize how commendable that is in this socierty! Keep up that interest. Us old guys (I'm 70) do just what you did. We've made our stupid mistakes too and the greatness of a person, old or young, is admiting our mistakes.
I've done this countless times and it's through our mistakes that we learn.
I hope you keep your interest in guns - it"s the sometimes forgotten by many today! As to your Remington I'm not familiar with it so I can't tell you much.
Someone has given you impression that just because most 19 yr. olds are idiots that you are too - not so.
Nathan, chart your own course and don't let people label you - we, on this forum won't and you shouldn't! Do what is right - have J. B. Books philosophy - "I won't be wronged, I'll not be lied to, and I'll not be laid a hand on." I congratulate you and we welcome you on the forum.
Harry B.

MP-5

Contact Remington and they can send you a schematic or even a copy of an old instruction booklet. Good luck!:D