Remington 44 cal. 240 grain bullets

jaguarxk120

I have just bought a quanity of Remington 240 grain 44 cal bullets. The question is about the diameter it's .430, has anyone used this stuff before and were the results good? Thanks

458winshooter

44 Rem bullets

Lead or jacketed?I have used their lead bullets for plincking but I hate the grafite powder lube on them.I have seen MidwayUSA advertise a .430 jacketed bullet but thought it was a type O.

krakatoa

Me too...

I just finished loading up Hornady in 240 jhp/XTP. They are .430 and my Ruger SRH loves them. They shoot clean and straight.

jaguarxk120

OK guy's here's the rest of the story. I found the Remington 44 listed on Midway, 240 grain jacketed HP .430 dia. and I wanted to know how they shoot.

I bought a ammo can (for 308 ctgs.) full of these Remington bullets at a estate sale for $50. Using my electronic scale as a counting scale I come up with aprox. 1600 pieces. I think I did very well!!:D When I asked if they would carry them out to my car, the guy said "I'll hold the door for you".

Glad to know they shoot well, they will be going threw my S&W 29 and a TC Contender 44.

Ozzieman

I have had great luck with both 9mm and the 45 XTP.
One issue I will share with you. I have to bell the case a little bit more than I normally do. I found that the front of the XTP bullet is easily deformed if the pressure needed to seat them is high.
Normally I only bell my cases to minimum and that works well for me for lead or hard ball. But with the 9mm I had to open them up more. It was deforming the front of the bullet so much that my seating depth was varying too much.
Great bullet and very accurate.