Remington 1911R1S...my first 100 rds.

HMC8404

A short story on how my new Remington worked out for the first time:

This weapon felt balanced, felt recoil was mild, and it fit my hand like a glove. The three-dot sights were great for my old eyes, and there were no problems with quick target acquisition. In short, after firing off 100 rounds of Winchester white box ball ammo with absolutely no jams, three of my last seven rounds made it into the 2" bulls-eye, the remaining within two or three inches of that. I did this standing in windy conditions at 30 feet out in 35 degree weather. I'm totally happpy! When resting the 1911, it hits the mark every time. The gun is as good as the shooter. My favorite 1911 to date.

Take-down was a cinch, and this gun appears to have better quality and machining inside AND out than the last Colt 1911 I had. She's a keeper!:D

shaunpain

I have their blued R1 which is I think is finished beautifully. I've not much experience with high dollar 1911s but it's no better or worse than my Sig 1911. Really love the gun and it runs well. For a no frills government "style" 1911, it is quite the cut above with the nice sights, tight bushing and lowered and flared ejection port. This Series 80 forgoes the plastic components of the Colt for steel ones. Sig does the same with their 1911s. I love Colt revolvers but their newer 1911s have no appeal to me over similarly priced copies!

riflemen

Congrats on the 1911 purchase, the rems are nice...

A friend of mine has one of the first ones, he loves it, all he has done to it is a wilson combat flat recoil spring kit {just comes with a recoil lug, shok buf, and flat spring} and a pair of vz grips... He bought a 3 hole trigger but we haven't installed it yet.

good luck with the new gun..