Remington 1100 or SPR 453?????????????

Z400ACDC

I can get a new 453 12 gauge, vent rib with 4 chokes for $385+tax. My neighbor has a like new 20 gauge, non vent rib with mod barrel for $300. I will use it to shoot some clays in the back yard a couple times a year. Thanks for the advise!

SCTigerJeep

i have not had any problems with mine so far. it will eat anything i throw at it and i have never had a FTF with over 2000 rounds through it. :cool:

Z400ACDC

Right or wrong, I bought the 1100. I went to a big dealer today to buy a 24/7 with a friend of mine. I just did not like the looks of the spr and it felt heavy. We came home and put a couple hundreds rounds through our 24/7 pros and then started shooting clays. The 1100 did a good job! I was so so:)

BUCKMARK

You made the right choice. The 1100 is the better gun and will be worth more in the future with parts avail.

Z400ACDC

My Dad, 70 years old said the same thing. He has always hunted with Remingtons. He helped me clean it and said it looked new, inside and out. He said he would give me my $300 back anytime.

BUCKMARK

I'll give you 3 bills for it too!

1100's bring a premium here in central Pa.

They were/are a great gun with a great history and parts and support is everywhere.

Look for a used 26" or 28" vent rib barrel with Rem-choke tubes for it. Expect to pay around $150 - $175 for one.

It will make the gun more adaptable for different uses. You can then sell your mod. barrel or cut it down to 18" for a Home Defense barrel.