Remingto v Beretta

ammo.crafter

Well, my wife tells me I could use a new shotgun. I've narrowed the choices to two manufactures: Remington and Beretta.
Anyone know the difference between Rem 1100 and the G3
and the Beretta AL391Urika and the 3901 Statesman?

I have to strike fast while she's still in this state of mind.

Jseime

six of one half a dozen of the other... both remington and beretta make nice guns with great reputations.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Save a few bucks and get a Benelli Montefeltro. That's pretty much what the Beretta is. If you want a fancy gun the Silver Montefeltro is good looking without the inflated price.

Logs

I have the Beretta 391 and Love it. Remington shotguns are nice also, but sometimes heavier. Berettas tend to have nicer wood. Both are shooters. Good luck.

island66

I can answer the 1100 vs. 1100 G3 part of your question...

The 1100 G3 is the "third generation" of the 1100 design (1100 and 11-87 being generations one and two). It's gas system is pressure compensated like the 1187, but they've taken the extra step of nickel teflon coating alot of the internals and providing an overbored barrel with their new pro-bore chokes. It's a very handsome firearm and shoots very nicely like most 1100's.

Keep in mind though that current 1100 models are mainly geared towards the target market and, as such, are designed to work with 2 3/4" field and target loads. On the other hand 11-87s (and the G3) are designed for field use, feature 2 3/4" and 3" capable barrels, and are limited to a 1 1/8 oz 3 1/4 dr eq load on the low end.

So if your intended use is mainly field related with some occasional targets, the G3 would be a great way to go. If its the other way around, you may want to look at the 1100.

Jason