Rem700 5r gen 2 vs sendero 2

bacardisteve

Going to order one of these rifles for myself for xmas in 300win mag. I like the longer barrel of the sendero but the 5r has a threaded barrel saving me some coin on gunsmith expenses. Does either of these rifles typically outperform the other in the accuracy department?

Orion6

I have seen many reports of the 5R 700’s being VERY accurate. So much so I am leaning towards grabbing one next year.

hagar

I don't think you can go wrong with either. My 7mm Sendero hammers at 1000 yards with the 162 Amax bullet. I don't have a 5R to compare accuracy, but I like the older Sendero stocks much better.

MarkCO

The 5Rs are more accurate and they don't seem to have had as many poor QC issues as the remainder of the Remington line. Still, Tikka or Bergara might be worth a look. Both are better.

bacardisteve

I strongly considered the bergera hmr. For me it came down to aftermaket support. I can get anything for a 700 even do a remage conversion and swap tubes in the basement if I so choose.

MarkCO

The "Berage" barrels are in testing by at least two places that make prefits. Bergara is on a R700 foot print and everything R fits except the bolts. Bergara re-barrels and cerakotes for $500 as well. That is any contour and reamer they stock, pretty good price.

cw308

Go with your gut , lf you first liked the Sendero but the R700 5R got your interest. If you go with the 5R you will always be looking at the Sendero . Either one you can't go wrong with. I'm a 308 guy , my Rem. 700 is set up for benchrest shooting only, been shooting this gun for 10 years and have no interest in getting another , only barrel change . Just love shooting it . Fully blueprinted , RockCreek M24 5R barrel , Jewell trigger . Pick a winner and stick with it . Good Luck on your pick .

cw308

My rifle started out as a stock Rem 700 LTR 308 Cal 20" barrel HS Precision Stock . I first changed the stock to the longer HS 700P stock , the rifle was a tack driver . Made all the other changes as listed in my first post , the 24" barrel pictured in Stainless is very similar to my LTR in blue steel . It's the only rifle I shoot , have no itch in buying another . Good Luck .