Rem Spartan 310 (Baikal IZH) vs Stoeger Condor

gak

Begging forgiveness from the start that this subject of near (+/-) $500 O/Us may have been beaten to death here - but the search function (Google for awhile?) isn't being too friendly...what's the vote on this comparison? Looking esp for an "affordable" single trigger 16 ga O/U that is both reliable and "reasonably elegant" or at least "not bad looking" (and regarding the latter, whatever the wood/finish might lack is "fixable" with a bit of elbow grease (sanding, oil, etc.). Have heard the Rem's (Baikals) are a bit heavy. Is that true and if so the "only" dig vs others?...and should I be looking at others? (16 ga being the limitation). May consider up to $750 (and if so, what in that range?), but right now this $500 zone is more comfortable. Thanks.

Last edited:

m14nut

I have been trying no less than 20 different stores in order to either find or order an O/U Stoeger condor in 16gauge....Everyone's answer is "sure, we can get it"...then they try, and cannot. The last try, last week, I was told that it is no longer available thru Stoeger.....That from the Stoeger rep over the phone....

good luck, and let me know if you find one.