Rem. Police 870

Bentonville

I have a chance to buy a Remington 870 Police, wood stock, 4 rounds, ghost sights, sling. 450. Excellent cond. Is this a fair price? I am new to shotguns. I searched Guns America and Gun Broker and can't really pin down a fair price from that. Thanks for any help.

gunzrfunz

You can do better, I did!

I paid $170 for a good condition Remington 870 wingmaster 12ga. I bought a 18.5" parkerized barrel for $95 delivered, $25 for mag extension, $16 barrel clamp, then sold the stock 28" barrel on ebay for profit of $61. Total invested=$245 for this:
870-1.jpg

Holds 7+1rnds of 00 buckshot, not a bad HD/SD rig, I think.:D

Bentonville

Thanks fellas. I have not been able to find a Police in quite some time around these parts, eastern NC, so I probably will go ahead and get this one. He wants 425. As far as I know the springs are heavier in the Police than in the regular 870s. Anyone know differently? Again, thanks for the replys.

Dfariswheel

M.H. Ezzard:
The Police model, besides being much better finished and inspected, has a heavy-duty magazine spring, shell lifter spring, and trigger-sear spring.

The above magazine extension is an ATI plastic extension and plastic clamp.
It's the lowest price extension there is.

RsqVet

Yeah... i had not picked up on that in the pic but I did think somehting was off about that gun towrds the muzzle end, given that metal mag extenshions cna and have failed I'd avoid plastic at all costs. Plus the clamp just screams kludge job...

Sarge

I bought a police trade-in 870 RS (20" IC barrel with rifle sights) about a year ago for $175 out-the-door. This was the older model woth nice blue, and it would keep three federal slugs on the palm of your hand at 75 yards. I gave it to my daughter who's stationed in Alaska, after giving her some serious slug-gun training. So I need another to replace it, but have pretty well decided that I'm not paying over $250 for a pumpgun.

Bentonville

Well, I bought the 870 Police Magnum for 425 with ghost sights and sling. The stock is synthetic and it has a thick recoil pad on it. The stock seems thin and not very hefty but what do I know. I really have not even fired a 12 gauge. My brother needed to get rid of this and he bought it as a police trade-in. I hope it is the higher grade Police model I have read so much about. I was afraid, with so many designations of magnum etc. I've read on other posts using the search mode, that I got a model that wasn't really a Police model. I have to say the trigger guard doesn't seem like it is alum. because it is think and has a thick black coating on it. ANyway, I have it. I hope someone will post and either make me feel better or tell me to try to sell it and get some recoup. of my moola.