Rem model 33

drothen

I recently inherited my Dad's old 22, which is a Remington model 33 bolt action single-shot. It has a scope mounted on the left side. I have been unable to find a serial number, so I have not been able to date it or order a manual off the Remington web page. I removed the stock, but only a proof mark was on the bottom of the receiver. I figured out how to take the bolt out, but no serial number there, either. Where else should I look?

Thanks.:confused:

Probably nowhere.

Prior to GCA '68, there was no requirement that a firearm be serial numbered, and many of the less expensive ones, even from the major manufacturers, weren't.

Steven Mace

Drothen, Mike is correct. The Remington Model 33 was made from 1932-1935, long before there was any requirement to have a serial number engraved on a firearm. If you want to contact Remington with your request for a manual you email them directly at info@remington.com. Just include your name & mailing address with your specific information and you'll get a response within two business days acknowledging your request. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

drothen

They did show a manual available for the model 33. Even if it doesn't match exactly, its better than no manual at all. It's a pretty simple gun, but I just like having a manual.

Thanks for your help.