Rem. CDL

gak

CDL is (primarily) a new finish/variant introduced about 7-8 years ago (someone correct me there, may have now been out longer)- reminiscent of the now rare "European" model 700 Remington had in limited production several years ago. I really like them...they finally got rid of the ultra-high gloss of the BDL - as their prime choice gun--or at least the one they push/advertise as their top regular offering among the regular "woodsy" guns (the BDL still being available). The CDL has the satin finish and trimmer lines with straight buttstock (straight comb). The CDL also put into mass production more of the features (such as the satin finish) found in its annual Classic offerings (every year a particular caliber was chosen to highlight). Congratulations if this is what you have!

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_CDL.asp

Last edited:

Hafoc

Yes, CDL a styling thing, a version of the rifle with a somewhat understated walnut stock in a satin finish. CDL stands for "Classic Deluxe," they say. I suppose the fact that it comes after ADL and BDL, which Remington has used for model designations for years, is the real reason for the name.

It might vary model to model, but the Model Seven CDL has a light-colored walnut stock with a darker, contrasting fore-end. A moderate pistol grip. It has fairly decent checkering. The stock is straight and has no cheekpiece, if I remember correctly. Has a magazine floorplate you can open and a rubber butt pad. Mechanically it is just the same as any other Model Seven.

gak

You're absolutely right - I stand corrected... from Remington's site:

2004 New product highlights for the year include:

The Model 700 family of centerfire rifles expands to include a new Classic Deluxe (CDL) version....​

USNairman

The CDL's remind me of the ADL Deluxe (wood stock & gloss blue) which I have always liked better than the BDL.