Rem 870 vs Browning BPS

Kit

I am in the market for an all around, general purpose, .12 ga. pump shotgun. I have narrowed the choices down to the 870 and the BPS. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Being left handed I would go for the Browning. It has downward ejection and a tang safety. Also a very reliable action. Though if you're going to accessorize the shotgun, there are about as many aftermarket parts made for the 870 as there are for all other shotguns combined.

If bottom ejection is what you want, a old used Ithaca M37 which may be fan fired comes to mind. Mine has an extended magazine on it and I love it!

Grayfox

I've become a big fan of Mossberg. It's the definate winner in the "most gun for the bucks" catagory. They aren't real pretty, but the ducks and rabbits will never know the difference.

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Gary,
I've already got a 12 ga.and a 20 ga. Ithaca in the safe along with all the Mossbergs. Remember- Variety is the spice of life. :)

olegunftr

have a lot of 870s like em all. Had a nice BPS too and like'd it but traded it off for some unremembered reason, probably something else I had to have at the time. I want what I want WHEN I want it.

------------------
Vinny