Rem. 870 Advice Please

TPAW

Can anyone recommend a quality extension tube for my Rem. 870, 12 Ga. I would like to load 8 rounds. Thank you.

dogtown tom

NYCShooter Can't load 8. With two shot extension: 6 in magazine +1 in chamber = 7 max.
Sure you can....you just get a 20" Remington factory +3 extension:

F32368 not shown 870 MAGAZINE EXT KIT 18" BLUE W/ SWIVEL (STUD ONLY) $ 83.00
F32367 not shown 870 MAGAZINE EXT KIT 20" BLUE W/ SWIVEL (STUD ONLY) $ 83.00

NYCShooter

Sure you can....you just get a 20" Remington factory +3 extension:

F32368 not shown 870 MAGAZINE EXT KIT 18" BLUE W/ SWIVEL (STUD ONLY) $ 83.00
F32367 not shown 870 MAGAZINE EXT KIT 20" BLUE W/ SWIVEL (STUD ONLY) $ 83.00

Yep, you sure can. You can even add a 4 or 5 round extension. However, I assume the OP has an 18" barrel, in which case anything over a 2-round extension will protrude past the end of the barrel - not a good thing.

TPAW

I like the Wilson Combat extension. My 870 does have and 18" barrel, so I would be looking to hold 6.
Woud I require a different spring?

NYCShooter

My 870 does have and 18" barrel, so I would be looking to hold 6.

6 in the magazine, plus 1 in the chamber

Woud I require a different spring?

The Wilson extension comes with an extra-strength spring and a new follower. I have used these on several 870's and I think they are the best; most of the custom 870 gun builders use the Wilson extension. They are very sturdy and do not require a barrel/magazine clamp (but I use one anyway - but that's just me).

Just be sure to choose the right one, depending on how you wish to mount your sling: left side, right side, vertical, stud, or no sling mount.

Last edited:

TPAW

Thank you all for your help. I have decided on the Wilson extension and a vertical sling mount.