Rem. 700 pss stock

VMUTH

I have a special order savage 10fp in 223 with a 20inch heavy barrel. Recently, I was in a shop and was able to fondle a Rem. 700 PSS. NICE!!!! Really like the stock, fiberglass reinforced kevlar with beavertail foregrip and palm swell. Was wondering who makes the stock for Rem and if one is available for the Savage. Oh and how much it costs.

Thanks.

Mithirium

I believe that remington uses HS Precision stocks for the PSS and LTR rifles. I have the LTR and the HS Precision it comes with is a fine stock. I'm waiting for an order for one right now. Its for a 300 mag that I am having built on a 700 action.
They prolly make one for savage too but it takes a while on special order. so far its been at least 10 weeks on mine. Oh well worth waiting for worth having right?;) :(

www.hsprecision.com

edamon2k

it's a very nice stock, really what swayed my decision from getting a savage. Once I added up the cost of adding a new stock + trigger work, the savage didn't make sense anymore.

I believe it as HS as well, however, I'm not 100%.

-d

-Yo-

Rumor has it Rem no longer uses an HS Prec stock for the PSS or LTR, but there are still some in inventory with it. You may want to double check before making a purchase.

Last time I checked, HS Prec offered no varmint/tactical style stocks for any Savage. Your best bet might be Sharp Shooter Supply. Fred Moreo offers a stock very similar to the PSS, though it is not an HSP and does not have the aluminum bedding block. Price is $229, or you can get it unpainted for under two hundred.