Reloads

CrustyFN

I thought I read some where on this forum about a place where you could send your brass, they would reload it and send it back to you at a fraction of the cost of new. I looked around and can't find it. If anybody knows and could post the link or links I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,
Rusty:)

Clayfish

Georgia ammo will give you a credit on your next order for your brass. The prices they give you aren't much and they are different for each caliber. You won't get your brass back but they do make a good product at a good price.

www.georgia-arms.com

T. O'Heir

"...a place where you could send your brass..." Georgia gives you a whole buck per 100 .38 cases. And they're not accepting any at this time, according to their site. They want $15.50 per 100 148 gr .38 Special WC's plus $9 shipping. That'd be $24.50 per 100. About half of what factory ammo costs, but not cheap. If it cost me that much per 100 to load my own I'd take up knitting.

CrustyFN

They were not as cheap as I thought. I can buy brand new 40 S & W from wally world cheaper than Georgia-ammo. Thanks,
Rusty

skeeter1

You might want to look at the Handloading/Reloading forum. After a small investment, you can roll your own for half of that, and it's a great way to while away the evening.

epr105

Start thinking about loading your own. The .40 S&W is easy to load. The out of pocket expense for start up are about 100 For a Lee Anniversary Kit and dies, to see if you like it. With a single stage press you can make 100 rounds in about an hour. The total cost is the powder bullet and primer if you have brass. It all depends on how you buy the componets if they are shipped to you the cost is higher. If you can find a fairly priced sporting goods shop that handels reloading the price is a little higher but you save on the shipping and the surcharge for powder and primers. In the long run you will not save any money. You will be able to shoot A LOT more and have fun at the loading bench and the range. I have a pet .38 load that I make right now 158 SWC with 4.2 of win 231. This costs me about 3.00 three dollars to make 50. I like reloading but you may not if you want to try it start out small and add on if you want.
EPR105
Ed

Jeff22

reloads?

Ask around in the gunshops and shooting ranges in your area to see if there is a commercial reloader located near you.

I'm fortunate that a guy in my area has run a side business for almost 30 years reloading handgun rounds. He sells to lots of police departments and gun shops and commercial ranges and sportsman's clubs. I just save all my brass and whenever I get a 5 gallon pail full, I go pay him a visit for some more ammo.

roc1

Reloading

Get to reloading your own great hobby and saves you money.Dillon or Hornady are both great machines I own both.
roc1

fairview mick

reloads

Go to www.nationalbullet.com
They are in the East Side of Cleveland Ohio. Their website will explain the prodedure. I''ve probably shot 10,000 rounds of their .38 jhp and .45 230 fmj. Never had a problem and the price is right
Mickey