Reloading Steel Shot question.

msta999

Hi all, I have been reloading lead shot, slugs and buck shot for around 8 years, now I want to get into steel shot for duck and goose. I have NTC 122 steel wads, 3 inch Remington NITRO Mag hulls and steel shot: BBB, #2, another one that looks like it has a 1 on the bag, then Ecoshot No. 6 says .110 soft steel. Can anyone point me to load data that use these components?

I do have other hulls, but if possible I would like to use the Remington 3" cause I have a lot of them.

msta999

I found these in a search:

3" rem yellow base
Fed209a
29.5 grains blue dot
Ntc 122 mec 12
1-1/8 oz steel
1375 fps

and

Win 209 4756 26 grains 1330 fps 11500 psi

I'll give the first one a try, see how it goes.

msta999

Didn't work, wasn't enough fill for it to close properly. I'll look for other data. I sent to mec to see if they had any data for these hulls.

msta999

Is there a difference between my Remington Nitro magnum hulls and Remington Nitro Steel hulls? both are 3 inch.

msta999

Turns out I can't find any place, here in Alaska, that has Steel.....least not local and the stores I checked with say it isn't available for them to order, but I found Precision Reloading has plenty of load data for powders I do have and I can order the wads and felts I need from them. I did check locally for the wads, but couldn't find them. Also they have data for my 3" Remington Hulls with the yellow base wad!

Anyone have any promo codes from Precision Reloading to help get the cost down? I looked but didn't find any.