Reloading Setup Ideas

mg66

I could not see a topic on this but figured if people here could post pics of their reloading setups it may help with ideas for someone just getting into reloading.

My setup is only used to reload 38sp, 357mag and 44mag. A total of only 3-4000 per year.

All building instructions are at http://www.bghi.us/index.php?x=bench

tn_bench_05.jpg

shooter_john

My setup looks a lot like the one pictured... only it is in my attic:eek: . Therefore I have to make my loading sessions early in the morning or very late at night, because the Alabama heat is already showing off! Hopefully I will soon have a house with a garage and or a workshop! But for now I will keep working with what I've got!

rwilson452

My first home grown bench

My first bench was made of 2X4, 4X4 and a sheet of Melimane ( sp??) ( the white coated plywood) it was 3/4 thick. built the frame of 2X4 the front legs were 4X4. Bolted the back of the bench to the wall studs in my garage. I used a double thickness of the 3/4 melimane. and added a 4X4 support front to back of the bench where the press was to be mounted. so the press was lag bolted thru the top and into the 4X4 it was rock solid, no spring whatsoever, even when doing 30-06 or .45ACP cases with a military primer crimp. No i live in an apartment with little room my bench is constructed in a similar way be could not bolt it to the wall so I made it 2 ft deep and 4 feet wide and mounted the press on one end. the long way. storing stuff on a shelf located under the top keeps the bench stable even with a progressive press. With this press i didn't need as much support under the table top as it is made of 2 1X12 of well seasoned Maple. the maple was free. several coats of urathane later....

Edward429451

built the frame of 2X4 the front legs were 4X4. Bolted the back of the bench to the wall studs in my garage. I used a double thickness of the 3/4 melimane. and added a 4X4 support front to back of the bench where the press was to be mounted. so the press was lag bolted thru the top and into the 4X4 it was rock solid

I just built me a new one almost exactly like this even the lag bolts except just one layer of plain 3/4" plywood, and ramseted to the concrete wall. Very sturdy.

No pics yet.