Reloading or revolver...good accuracy?

chewie146

I'm not sure which forum this goes under, but I got some dardas DEBBWC bullets a month ago, and finally had a chance to test them out in my Blackhawk. WOW! 25 yard group. That's a 3.5" decking screw for reference, as it was the only thing in my truck that was a standard size. There are 6 holes there, though it looks like 5.

0726121648%20(1).jpg

Last edited:
Nice shooting. I wouldn't complain. I guess if you listed the powder and other information for your load it would go under reloading. I think both the gun and the load are keepers.

chewie146

If you're curious, that's HP-38 powering those loads. I believe it's 3.9 grains, but I'd have to check. It's written on the box, but I'm incapacitated today with a flu/cold/gift from my youngest child.

drail

The reasons that load is so accurate are - you are a good shot and the soft swaged wadcutter obturates and fills up the rifling nicely. With practice they will all go in the same hole. Love the calibrated reference decking screw.:D

chewie146

They're not swaged...that's the thing. They are double-ended bevel-based hard-cast wadcutters. Man...that is a mouthful, even typing it. I punched some through some 2x6's, and when they were recovered, they looked like I could reload them.

drail

If that is the case then you have managed to find a bullet that is a perfect fit for your bore. It also means your chamber throats are the correct dia. And you are a good shot.