Reloading For a 357 Mag Titanium Tracker Revolver

jsflagstad

HELP! Reloading For a 357 Mag Titanium Tracker Revolver HELP!

Little help here guys.

I bought my first revolver and I have some questions as I am seeing some things that may or may not be good.

The revolver is a Taurus Titanium Tracker 7 shot 357 magnum revolver.

The hottest loads I have loaded have been a 110 grain bullet with 20 grains of H110 behind it for an advertised 1550 fps. I guess I don't see this as an incredibly hot load as there is no signs on the cases of high pressure.

What I have seen is there is powder trailing marks on the front of the cylinder and signs of slight erosion where this is appearing. There is no erosion on the barrel side that I can see, if there is it is very subtle. I gues my question is, Is this normal and acceptable? There seems to be a bit of powder blast from this area when shooting, enough where one would only want to shoot with arms fully extended and definately wearing glasses. Actually, I did catch something in the cheek while shooting and it actually drew blood.

I think there is something wrong? I shouldn't have to shoot this thing while wearing a welders mask.

Anyone have any ideas? Does this surface need to be lapped? Hard chromed? Re-shimmed?

I bought the gun new a month ago and have shot 300-400 rounds (mostly low power 38 spl) through it.

Thanks in advance,

JSF
Minneapolis

Last edited: