Reloading bench

mxsailor803

Well guys, I’m about to start building my next reloading bench due to having to leave my last one at my old house that I moved out of. This thing is going to be heavy since I’m using micarta originally meant for bowling alleys as my bench and shelves top. Give you an idea, a 4’x12’ 3/8” think weighs right at 140lbs. Why am I using? Already had it on hand and might as well not waste it. So let’s see some of y’all’s bench setups.

BBarn

The three loading benches I've made all had tops at least 1 1/2" thick. Generally used 2x4s or 4x4s for the legs and frame under the top. One bench used the legs and bottom shelf from an old machinists bench. Generally a shelf across the bottom made from 2x4 and plywood, plus a shallow shelf on top made from a 2x8. And a support under the middle of the top shelf if it's over 3' long. Even a heavy bench will also benefit from anchoring to a wall or floor.

GE-Minigun

Current bench as well has ¾” plywood top with 2x4’s running from front to ledger board against wall 16” O.C., 2x6 running across the front, with 2x4’s under each press (4), 2’ deep x 8’ long. Weight is not what you’re looking for, you want stability, and you have to secure it to something…floor or walls.