Reliable compact 45

tac_driver

What are my choices for CCW in hot weather? I use a IWB holster. Cooler weather I carry a Glock 21SF extremely reliable (no FTF's or FTE's in over 5000 rounds fired).

Since you seem to like your G21 why not go with a familiar platform like the G36 or G30SF. The G30SF is a sweet CCW. However, the G36 is slimmer for IWB carry. Personally Id go with the G30SF but either would serve you well IMO. I EDC my Glock 19.

tac_driver

That makes a lot of sense because i would be very familiar with the wepon right away. have you shot either of the two? what kind of groups at 15 yds>>
I'm getting 2 in groups rapid aimed fire at 15 yds with the 21SF.

Last edited:

longeyes

I have the G30 (not the SF version) and the G36. I like both very much. I think the 30 is in the top rank of compact .45s for sure. Accurate, easy to shoot. And uses G21 mags.

I also like my S&W 1911PD...but that's another story.

jehu

G36 is a subcompact, I have one and they are great. But IMO the very best compact 45 is the H&K 45c followed by the Colt Defender!

awpk03s

Glock 36 is my go-to IWB carry (Kramer Leather IWB #3 cant horsehide). I love it. Carries and conceals well with a t-shirt. I also have a G30SF. Can't go wrong with either, but the lower weight and slimmer profile of the G36 makes it get the nod from me.

Tac,

Nope I have not shot either but Ive handled both and they are, in my opinion, great CCWs. I have a G21, G19 and G22 and soon to get a G26. However, the G30SF is on my short list to buy! Thats the nice thing about Glocks. Once you are familiar with one you will be mostly familiar with them all with the exception of caliber and recoil.

I love all my guns but my Glocks ride with me :D

Que

If you can find one, a Detonics Combat Master.

img4250ou6.jpg

Richard

As all of you know a CCW gun takes a pounding during carry. I want a handgun that is reliable, compact, lightweight, accurate, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Is this possible? Yes, take a long look at a Bersa Thunder 45; I own a lot of expensive 45 but I opted for the Bersa. Regards, Richard:)

BersaThunder45.jpg

acp4me

A little on the "bulky" side but nice and flat and very reliable: SIG 220 Carry.
I came close to buying a 220 carry model on a couple occasions. The only reason I did not buy it is because I felt that it was too thick for IWB carry.