• Walther PPS - has problems that were never fixed

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Walther PPS - Still has problems but sold/traded gun

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DMK

Reliability Survey:

I haven't seen a poll on this and I'm curious about the reliability of some of the more popular striker fired single stack 9mm pocket guns out there now.

This is not an all inclusive list but it's already a large poll and I chose the more commonly recommended guns to keep it manageable.

Last edited:

DMK

Just wanted to bump this to the top and see if we can get more votes or comments. (someone obviously voted for every option so they don't have to click the link to see the results.)

I'd have thought that we'd have more owners of these guns here.

Does anyone want to comment on their ownership of any of these guns?

I can't see the poll on Tapatalk, but I've been very happy with my Kahr PM9. I bought it used about a yea4 ago, and it's eaten about 1,200 remanufactured rounds from Freedom Munitions, 124 and 147 grain HSTs, and 115 grain Critical defense without a hitch.

The only downsides so far is that you can't slingshot the first round to load, and (because I'm OCD) I hate the way the mag base plate sticks out the bottom of the grip. Accuracy, reliability, and carry ergonomics have been perfect. I don't like the cheese graters, but $8 Talon grips solved that just fine.

Cheapshooter

Even though Kahr says a 200 round "break in" is needed, my CM9 has been 100% reliable from the very first round. Even the first 200 functioned perfectly. Various types of ammo from cheap range fmj to quality SD rounds have all functioned perfectly, and accurately.

highpower3006

I have been carrying my 9mm Shield for almost two years now and have put a few hundred rounds through it. So far, not a single hiccup.

Fishbed77

Even though Kahr says a 200 round "break in" is needed, my CM9 has been 100% reliable from the very first round. Even the first 200 functioned perfectly. Various types of ammo from cheap range fmj to quality SD rounds have all functioned perfectly, and accurately.

Same here.

My CM9 has had perfect reliability straight out of the box. I have a few thousand rounds (of a wide variety of ammo) through it so far with no problems.

Honestly, all of the pistols listed in this poll are quality firearms that I doubt many folks will have problems with. Some, such as the PPS, have been around for quite a few years and are well-proven designs.

Super Blackhawk

Shield

If there is a more reliable, more accurate n better built single stack cc pistol on the market I don't know what it would be. The Shield is one remarkable firearm, easy to carry conceal, easy to shoot accurately n just fits my hand like a glove. The option to go with or without ext frame safety is great... Other manufacturers ought to consider that n quit limiting that choice.... Such as the "perfection" company.

Limnophile

Looks like the Shield is ahead of the pack, but nothing appears to be truly reliable. Assuming the poll results are valid (poor assumption), why might that be?

Bozz10mm

I've got 1500 rounds through my Shield with no problems other than a couple of FTEs in the first 200 rounds. Probably just normal break-in or operator error.

The Shield appears to be the most popular in the poll. And based on the numbers, the most reliable too.

roadrash

Shield has the biggest head start with its introduction and is one of the more inexpensive pistols in the poll,that probably has something to do with its popularity.

Dirty_Harry

I have shot the Kaher PM9, and CM9 without issues. Same goes for the shield. My Glock 43 has been flawless through about 700 rounds.

DMK

... nothing appears to be truly reliable. Assuming the poll results are valid (poor assumption), why might that be?
Almost immediately after putting up the poll, I noticed someone had voted for every option. Apparently so they don't have to click the link to see the results.

That is giving us one false positive on every failure option for every gun.

So subtract one from every result.

At this point the poll only indicates any problems at all with the Glock 43 and XDS.

Cyo

Just got a Shield 9mm. Took it to the range, no cleaning or anything, strait out of the box and ran 150 rounds through it. Not a single issue. The slide release is tight, but other than than that, it has been flawless. Even this got better with more rounds through it.

Very dependable.

mkiker2089

Some have said the striker design is why Taurus and Springfield guns were shooting accidentally. Is there anything to that?