Reliability of Stainless Sig 232

Usually fine after break in?

Always fine after a break in?

Great out of the box?

Some lemons, lots of lemons, a lemon is an anomaly?

Finicky or not finicky about ammo?

etc.

TIA

Jeff OTMG

The SIG P232 and the P230 have a reputation of being the best .380 pistols made. They are reliable with different ammo types and accurate. I would suggest a couple of hundred round break in as with any auto, but after that there is no reason that it should not work beautifully, just be sure to lube the rails. I would say not finicky and no lemons.

Laz

I formerly had a 230SL and now have a 232SL. Not a lot of shooting, but neither has ever bobbled on an assortment of .380 ammo. My experience has been completely reliable out of the box. I really want a 232 Duo-tone, alloy frame, stainless slide. I always regretted trading my 230. The 232 stays.

Pilate

I'd never not recommend a SIG, and the 232 is no exception. I had a 230 for 3 years, and had 1 failure to feed in the first 100 rounds, and a little bump to the rear of the slide fed it. No other failures in about 1000 rounds. I have a current 232 with Siglites and the Hogues, and it's been perfect in about 400 rounds. I guess the upgrades made when they transitioned from the 230 to the 232 made it from a 1 failure in 1000 rounds gun to a 0 failure gun. Nice! Need more? I'll be happy to sing more praises!

jar

My 230 will be the last of my SiGs to go. I would sell my 225 before I let go of the 230. At clost range, shooting a 230 is like pointing your finger. If you can point your finger at something, you'll hit it.

But...

I prefer the blued model to the SS. The blued is much lighter.

Mike in VA

I've had my blued 232 for about 4 years, approx 1K rounds thru it. I've fed it a wide variety of factory ammo, from cheap range fodder to premium JHPs. It has never failed to go bang, ever. It's quite accurate, feels great in hand, easy to carry/conceal, only 'complaint' is that it is a little snappy 'cuz it's light. It's a keeper.

jimmy

I've had two of them and they're good guns. No feeding, firing, or ejection stoppages with several kinds of ammo. Easy to shoot. Accurate.

That said, with one I did have a malfunction of the slide not locking back after the last round of either mag was fired. This started at about 75 rounds and got worse thereafter, at least until Sigarms replaced the slide catch.