Registration in CA???

John D

Is anyone familiar with the California Dept. of Justice voluntary registration form? I have an old (1950's) revolver that I aquired from an old friend....any problem in sending in my $19 and registering it? I'm told this is the form cops use when aquiring new handguns.

All thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to go through the DOJ "turn it in to a dealer and wait the XX number of days, etc."....

Socrates

Private party transfers can be done, through a gun shop. I'd find one that won't charge an arm and a leg, and ask them what the current law is. The problem is, they change them all the time, and, the guys selling guns are sort of the only ones that are current on the filth that comes out of the Kali legisewer.

Another angle is the gun might be a C&R, and that might change the registration status.

You could call Contra Costa Collectables, give them the gun type, and ask them what the best procedure is for that type of gun.

JWT

Kalifornica sure doesn't make it inexpensive to register firearms. A big collector could spend a few bucks getting it all done if it's $19 per gun. Do they have to be re-registered on a regular basis too??