• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Redundancy

Glock 31

Has anyone ever thought about maybe making sections for senior members, mid-level members, and new members that are accessible by having a certain number of posts or something.

It's just that it seems every night I log-on, I see a bunch of new threads that are really just different versions of the same questions asked over and over again. It's becoming a rare occurance that someone makes a thread that deals with fresh new ideas or topics or problems not commonly covered. The only forum that routinely has new stuff is the Legal and Political forum, and that's only because there's always new stuff going on in government everyday. It's annoying when one night I see threads like, "What gun would you suggest" and then the next night, "Best gun for self defense" or "semi-auto or revolver". Any one of those three threads will more than likely have the same responses, usually by the same people. And I won't even start on caliber threads. Except for threads asking specific technical questions about a certain caliber, almost every caliber war has been exactly the same. Of course it's everyone's right to post stuff like this, that's what TFL is for. But wouldn't it be easier to maybe make a section with quotes from responses regarding FAQ on specific topics. Something like the FAQ link on the menu bar, just for specific issues like SKS Cleaning, or Gun Selection, etc. If segregating the experience of members is too radical, what about making a notice emphasizing the point of searching for similar topics before making a new thread? I searched this forum with key words such as, "repeated threads, same old threads, same threads" and didn't really find anything saying the same thing so either it's a new concept or something noone else really cares about. I also know some of it comes down to personal interest but I thought maybe the FAQ idea would be a good one.:cool: