Redhawk Sight - Need Help

Grapeshot

Just received my order from Ruger for the Redhawk replacement front sights. The Sky Blue one and the flourescent orange/red one look the best. But when I went to take the old front sight off, it wouldn't budge!

Is there some trick to taking it off? The manual just says to press in on the springed plunger and then lift the rear of the sight - well I can wiggle it, but not lift it out, even with pliers (which only served to scratch up the sight.)

Upon examining the new sights, I can see how "lifting up on the rear" of the sight wouldn't budge it anyway, since they all have a point going rearward which looks like it would hang them up upon removal attempts ... so how the heck do you remove it, anyway?

Nekron

Sometimes those spring-loaded plungers take quite a bit of force to press them down all the way.

If memory serves, the front sight should slide out to the side (i.e., dovetail style).

John

Grapeshot

ok, finally got it ...

I finally had to pry the original sight out with a paring knife while depressing the plunger - must have been a burr in there or something, since now all of the sights go in and out quite easily.

Now that it works, the system is ingenious in its ease and simplicity.