Redfield 1-6x Rebel ?

bamaranger

Saw my first Academy 1-6x Redfield today. Had no idea Leupold had sold the brand! :confused: Likely made where China, Phillipines.

Any users....comments welcome.

jmr40

That's a new one on me. When they 1st introduced the Revolution it was simply a Leupold VX-1 with Redfield badges on it. They sold for $10-$20 less than the Leupold and were a good value.

But that was many years ago. Over time Leupold upgraded the VX-1 at least twice while the Revolution was still the same old scope. The other Redfield versions were made in China and not very good.

While I've never even seen the new Rebel, I've found that glass quality is pretty much the same with all scopes selling at about the same price point. It is the other features that I use to determine which I prefer.

I can't find anything online saying where they are made. But most of the scopes coming from the Philippines are pretty decent. If so, I might be willing to try one.

bamaranger

Sale

Leupold's announcement is dated April 2021. Between COVID and gobbler season, I missed it. Seeing the scope yesterday and the clerk's comments (he was correct) were quite a surprise.

The 1-6x is a tac scope, standard duplex, no illumination, with a removable speed lever on the power ring. I think It's a 1 inch tube?

Scorch

Redfield was sold in April 2021 to Academy Sports, so they are Academy's "house brand" now. Probably made in China or the Philippines again.