Red Dot on my NAA Mini

I have noticed there comes a time for many that after seeing Playboypenguin's toys, folks have a need for their own particularly unique items. My time has arrived.

Folks have complained forever about the tiny sights of the NAA Mini. I thought I would bypass the problem by getting mine with a big tritium front sight. I could see the dot, but it certainly didn't line up with anything. So my long range mouse hunting with a mouse gun was limited to interview distances.

I came to realize that my NAA Mini (.22 lr, 1 1/8") had a width of about 3/8" which was about the same width as a 3/8" rail as used on some .22 rifles and pellet guns. So I figured I could put an optic on it! The only problem was, no way to mount the scope. So I cut grooves into the top edge of the gun along each side of the top strap. Cool.

After playing with some optics, I realized that the size of the gun was so small that my options were very limited in the 3/8" size. So I found a 3/8" to weaver adapter at Brownell's. Granted, it is a short rail, but it opened up my options.

I tried various scopes and was not happy with the results. So I went with a Tasco 40 mm red dot sight and that was a monster to mount. THEN came along the Aimpoint Micro T-1. It was like my prayers were answered for the optimal optic for my NAA Mini.

Of course the T-1 is a fine little optic. The NAA Mini is a fine little revolver. So when you positively, absolutely need to have a well aimed contact shot, this is the setup for you!

Attachments

• NAA Mini with T-1 Red Dot (b).JPG
    NAA Mini with T-1 Red Dot (b).JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 802

kristop64089

Cynisism at it's finest!

You rock man!

When i take a buddy shooting, I always throw my mini in, and when they ask for a gun to shoot, it's the one I give em.Always good for a laugh.

Hey, don't blame me for that monstrosity. That is just a silly thing to build...now where is my NAA and that riffle scope I had laying around. I might just paint a punisher logo on the sight too. :p

Here, I made it cooler for you.

:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• minipunisher.jpg
    minipunisher.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 821

Flyboy_451

I almost hate to ask, but...Is it actually mounted solidly enough to be functional, and if it is have you tested the accuracy of the little guy. I got a great laugh out of that one.

Justin

Yes, the optic is mounted quite solidly and works very well, the greatest limitation being the capabilities of the revolver itself, not the optic or the union of the optic and the revolver.

For those of you who feel that this is just completely silly, the conception certainly was. This has been a fun project that has involved first using a Daisy scope (3/8" rail), a Tasco 40mm red dot (weaver), a laser (weaver rail mounted), and now the Aimpoint Micro. The Micro is the only size-appropriate union I have found thusfar.

However, can you think of a better red dot firearm combination for the likes of little people such a Verne Troyer (AKA Mini Me)? Sure, it is a niche market, but it is one that can be catered to with off the shelf parts and minimal modification (ala the "NAA Mini Me").

Now you need to stack a flashlight and a laser on it, so it will be truly "tactical."

Patience...Look for the new Tactical Line in the summer of 2009, complete with laser, light, tripod, bayonet, and bottle opener combo.

GringoGrande

This piece truly needs "Micro Processed Heat / DNA / Laser / MGPS Seeking 60 Grain Ammunition." Mini-Me Hellfire, I can feel UBL shaking and being scared as we speak.

Better yet, Wire Guided 60 grain ammo, the unit would require 3 people to operate, The Launcher Officer, the Scope Monitor Officer and the Wire Guidance Officer. Designated the M-47-Mini Dragon.

I also wonder if Fobus can make a holster for this with the scope on it? It cannot be a S.W.A.T. item without the Fobus holster.

It also needs a wire framed shoulder stock, maybe made from all the old broken Hoppes .17 cal rods I have laying around.

Can a SA NAA Mini Revolver be converted into a belt fed?

WOW.... what a cool piece for the NFA threads and Knob Creek Sub POP Up Walk. The Mini-Me Mini Hellfire AOW SBR - also designated as a Destructive Device due to the HEAT Warheads. Robert K. Brown from SOF would pay a handsom reward for the capture and turning it over to him. :cool:

Even a better, better yet, do this all on the .22 Short NAA Mini. :eek:

The Snickering Gringo:D

scottaschultz

While not quite as "over the top" as Double Naught Spy's gun...

An acquaintance owed me some money. He didn't have the money, but since he knew I had a few handguns, asked if I would take a pistol scope as partial payment. I looked at it and said, "Well, OK." The only pistol I had that didn't have a scope or red dot was my Beretta Neos.

Here is what I got!

Neos.jpg

Scott