Recommendations wanted - gun oil dispenser

Grey_Lion

I got a good deal on a container of mil-spec gun oil and have been looking for a refillable oil can to dispense it but haven't liked anything I've found. I want a refillable container that will dispense one tiny drop of oil at a time . Anyone have an oil can they have been very happy with?

HiBC

You might try a gun oil can, a 3 in ! oil can, A lighter fluid can In other words,the can that was developed for the job.

If you can find a commercial oil can / container to suit you,it likely costs as much as a containr full of product.

I suggest staying away from some other repurposed bottles,such as Visine bottles.

They might work,but inadvertently squirting gun oil in your eye would be bad.

Murphy's Law is real

LeverGunFan

If anyone in your family uses eye drops, they often come in 1/2 ounce (15 ml) bottles. Remove the label, pop the top off, and wash it out. Use a Sharpie to mark it for gun oil. Fill it with your oil and pop on the top and you have a handy little oil bottle. The translucent ones are best to keep tabs on when a refill is needed.

Ricklin

Needle

I like the one posted earlier, squeeze bottle with a dull needle applicator.

I don't like seeing guns swimming in oil. Many a fine old LC Smith sidelock has had it's buttstock ruined by too much oil, for too many years.

Not a bad idea to store muzzle down, is their any reason not to?

That's where the needle applicator shines. A very small amount of oil, in exactly the right places.

Grey_Lion

I never would have thought to look at fly fishing gear for a gun oil applicator. I ordered it. - Thanks for the lead LavaTech

KyJim

Add me to the list that likes the plastic bottles with the needle oiler (like those from Brownells). They give you very precise control.

Grey_Lion

fly rod oil dispenser GREAT for gun application

Coming back around after experiencing the product first hand.

I'm using the fly rod gear oil dispenser and it is PERFECT for getting that one tiny drop of oil RIGHT where you want it!

Highly recommend this item for gun owners in general and reloaders specifically.

My specific application is putting a tiny drop of oil on a piece of brass just before putting it into my BTSniper swage die to make a hollow point out of it.

Find pic in the reloading area if you want to see what I'm doing.

Shadow9mm

I have had bad luck with oil bottles pens and dispensers in general. Everything from broken pens to bent needles, to pens that would only allow certain oils to flow or leaked. I recently found and have had great luck with the Lucas Extreme Duty oil bottle. I wanted to test the oil (so far it is really impressing me) but I love the bottle it came in. It was like $9 off of Amazon, about the same price as a decent bottle by itself. Try the oil, toss the bottle if you do not like it.

cecILL

I buy syringes and needles at the local farm store.

Grind the needles flat and fill with 0-20 Mobil I full synthetic, or your favorite gun oil.

Super cheap and great oilers.

jmhyer

I took Shadow's advice. Found an Amazon deal for two of those 1 ounce Lucas Extreme Duty bottles (with oil of course) for something like $11 with free shipping. As he mentioned, even if I don't like the oil (which I think is unlikely), it's almost worth it just to get the the bottles, which I can refill with any lubricant and reuse as needed. They should arrive in a few days.

Thanks, Shadow9mm.