Recommendations For Leather IWB Holster For Glock 26

Joe_Pike

I have always pocket carried most of my guns but wanted to start carrying my Glock 26 IWB (I can carry it in my pocket but would rather not). I was bidding on a used Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 on Ebay but didn't win it. Of course, they are 4-6 months backlogged if you want to order one but I need something pretty quick. Top Gun Supply has them in stock but I am too cheap to pay the premium (I'm actually shocked that I'm willing to pay over $100 for a new holster in the first place).

So, is there anything out there that is even kind of close to working like the VM 2 that is available and will not fall apart in 6 months?

9x45

Leather was all we had back in the day, 60's, but when Kydex came along I stopped wearing leather. Faster, and more secure. Try the Alabama Hooker, it's a J hook IWB appendix holster. Have daily carried a G17 in it for over 8 years.

Joe_Pike

Well, I have a holster similar to that and it is not comfortable due to the way I am built. So, I am wanting to try leather next to my body to make it more comfortable.

38Mike

I use a Mitch Rosen CLP with my Glock 26. Leather with a very strong metal clip. I wear it in AIWB position. Excellent rig.

JERRYS.

I prefer the king tuk type/alien gear/cross breed..... type rigs. leather against my body is more forgiving than a piece of hard plastic. the plastic part of the holster allows for the all important one hand reholstering even though you have all day to reholster. the off set fasteners make the rig more trim than the ones with fasteners adding to the girth of the gun... add that the cost is considerably less and availability is considerably more....

I also prefer the hybrid holsters. Leather against your body and kydex covering the gun. I'm not sure they are necessarily better than a full leather holster, but they work for me and are much cheaper than quality full leather holsters.