Recommendations for a light/laser combo

skeeter

Want the best light/laser combo that will fit on a Glock factory rail and that I can use on a picatinny rail. Want aluminum body. Are they all the same or does one brand really stand out? thanks

bakjr

My Streamlight TLR-02 fits on my G20 as well as my Kimber Desert Warrior. Great deal on a light & laser at $245 OTD.

skeeter

Crimson Trace lasers can not be used on different weapons. I want ONE laser/light combo that will work on my Rem. 870 shotgun, my HK91 and my Glock. I found that the Streamlight TLR-2 with optional shotgun mount ($15) will work on all 3 weapons. I choose this one because;

1. It has a lifetime warranty

2.Has all aluminum construction instead of plastic

3. Uses LED which never burns out and is super reliable.

4.You can use light, laser, light and/or laser at same time with light.

5. Very long run time.

6. I really liked Streanlight's customer service. I had a old well used Streamlight XL 20 and when it did not work they replaced it for free years later.

7. Found a very good price of $199 at Biotach which is $50 less than any other place.

I believe this is the right choice for me.

FirstFreedom

Hey, on doodads like that TLR-2, the switch at the rear is for the light. But how do you turn the laser on & off? Does it accepts extension switches for placing pressure pads?

skeeter

Moredes- Just got my package from Biotach and they sent me the wrong Streamlight ! They sent the TLR-1 that does not have the laser. I will call them tomorrow and hopefully they will straighten this out fast. I must say the TLR-1's light is very powerful and it is a well made unit. I can not wait for the TLR-2 with its laser.
My last order from Biotach was the Surefire M6 flashlight which they sold for a great price and it came fast and with no problems. The order before that they got wrong but they fixed it. They have the best prices but the service is a crap shoot.

First Freedom- There is a momentary and permanetcleverly designed switch at the back of the unit. I beleive that there is a separate laser switch under the light switch. I do not think there is a way to hook up any other switches and maybe this is why the unit is water proof, shock proof. I was very surprised that a 3 watt LED could be so BRIGHT. It goes on and off my Glock real fast and it fits tight and is not loose at all. The laser unit should be great.