Recommendation on Non-Resident AZ CCW Class in Tucson

I'm going to lose my TX CHL because my resident state of NM is going to have CCW in 2002. Only residents of states that do not have state ccw can have a non-resident TX license. There will be no TX reciprocity for a NM license either. So I am going to get a non-resident AZ license since they do have reciprocity in TX. Can anybody reccomend a full service class in Tucson (or another city close to the NM border)?

TIA

Dave T

I answered your same post over on GT but in case you look here first, I do monthly CCW classes in Tucson. E-mail me for particulars.

Lennyjoe

The Marksman holds classes on eves and weekends. Location is Southeast side of Tucson by DM Air Force Base. The address is 5051 E. 29th St. Phone (520)747-8657. Also Jensens Holds classes as well. They have 2 locations but the one on the West side of Town holds the classes. Address is 1280 W. Prince Rd. Phone (520)293-8516.

I know you are looking for something near Tucson, but if you get the wild hair, try looking at Gunsites CCW course. While most who offer AZ CCW exceed the state requirements, Gunsite goes well beyond. It is very good course and highly recommend it.

Later,

Erich

Cuerno (are you down in LC?), be sure to stay at the Arizona Inn while in Tucson. Man, nice joint. Oh, and eat at Mi Nidito!

I love Tucson.

Thanks Guys! I've decide to go the FL route since that will give me reciprocity w/ TX, and I should be able to all through the mail.

Erich,

I'm not in LC anymore. Loved the place while I was there though. I'm more of stayer in motels like the ones on W Picacho in LC. But I'll certainly take a look at Mi Nidito if I'm in Tucson. I love good Mexican food.

werewolf

Stay away from Marksman - arrogant and obnoxious people. Jensens west is a good place to go.

Mexican food: Mi Nidito's is too crowded. Try one of the other places on south Fourth, or just off it, like El Torero on 26th just west of south 4th. Micha's, a popular place a few blocks further south, is also good. Micha's has a great brekfast deal.

Tucson has - strangely enough - the best sushi joint in the country - Sushi Ten, 4500 E Speedway.

Erich

I liked Micha's a bunch, and there was another place down there we liked, too (I could find it, but I can't name it).

Despite the odor of Slick Willie, the little nest is still one of our favorite places to eat in the Old Pueblo. Beats the heck out of that overrated Cafe Poca Cosa place downtown!