Recommendation for Scope Mount/Rings for Remington 700 LTR

Republicrat

I have a Remington 700 LTR and a Super Sniper Scope.

Any suggestions for a mount/rings?

I was looking at the TPS stuff although it looks like they are out of stock right now so it may not be an option.

Axel357

I have a 700 SPS Tactical. Current setup is a Leupold Mark 4 one piece base, TPS rings (steel), holding a Falcon Optics Menace 10X42T. Only thing I would change if I had money to blow is swap out the fixed ten for their Menace 4-14X44 model. Can't compliment the hardware enough, though.

whiplash

If you are on a budget you might take a look at Burris Signature Series (with the internal ring), and a double dovetail (bases) set up (dont have to worry about the windage screw loosening up)...I have this set up on four of my rifles and no problems, or POI change...

Last edited:

ronl

+1 on the Burris rings. I have some on my M1A and they hold down my Super Sniper very well.

JpSnareGuy

You could also take a look at the burris xtreme tacticle rings .. http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtrrings.html That is if you want to go with a picatinny I am thinking of buying a SS and put it on my factory DPMS LR-308 flattop, but i'm not sure what height rings to use, no matter if I use Badger :) or Burris. I e-mailed SWFA that sells the SS and asked what ring height they recomended but I was told that they can no longer suggest rings. So I don't know. I might just go with a $$Nightforce$$. I can't decide.

kmullins

What about a Dednutz one-piece set up, I'm putting one on my Remington 700 VLS. Pretty decent price and solid. Check them out at opticsplanet.com.