Beentown71

I am going to order within the next couple days:

- Lee Classic Turret Deluxe Press Kit
- 2 extra Turrets
- Franklin Arsenal Brass Cleaning Kit
- .308 Deluxe Die Kit
- .223 Deluxe Die Kit
- 9mm Deluxe Die Kit

I have plenty of bins and I am building my bench/shelves. Where do you recommend to purchase this from since I do not have a local Lee dealer? Is there anything else you see that I am missing that is a must?

Thanks

david_r

Doesn't that kit come with the case cutter and lock stud? You'll need the case length gauge/holder for each of your shell sizes if you are trimming brass.

LakeCruiser

Lee Purchase

It might depend on if you're going to adding some components to the order, or which vendor has all the items in stock that you want....but I'd look at:

Kempf Gun Shop
FS Reloading
MidSouth Shooter Supply
Grafs

The combination of item prices and shipping are similar at each.

Beentown71

Thanks guys.

Yeah I am basically looking for a company that is easy to work with, competitive pricing and shipping.

AZBarbarian

Having just done a lot of research on this same topic, my guess is that you will need to be very patient to find everything in stock. I saw some good deals at Brownells, Graf & Sons, and MidwayUSA, but most stuff was out of stock.

Check with friends too. One night I was about to pull the trigger on a kit bit didn't. The next morning an old friend came by my office and sold me his NIB 1983 purchased rock chucker with a ton of accessories and a couple dies at a good price.

BoogieMan

I just ordered a press (lee loadmaster) from Natchezss.com. They have a sale on reloading going right now and seem to have pretty good stock available. Although they do not have bullets,primers,powder.

capodastro

you'll need shell holders for the dies, unless they come with the deluxe set?
good luck finding powder, primers and even brass at least for the next couple months or more. midway usa is a good source for press etc, powder valley for componants. good luck and have fun, reloading is the best!

Beentown71

I have 3k loose brass from my own shooting that I saved. Decided to do it for self sufficiency, ability to shoot more and dial in groups better. If I save some cash in the process all the better. Hopefully I just shoot more.

rajbcpa

It took me hours to find reloading dies that are usually easy to find at dozens of vendors on the Net.

Powder and primers have been very hard to find anywhere for at least 5 or 6 weeks. My 5 local gun stores, have not had primers since last September. Even bullets and brass are becoming much harder to find now.

Yeh, starting your reloading hobby is a good idea but your timing could not be worse. It may take you several months to find the supplies you need to make your very first round.

I finally found reloading dies on E-bay yesterday but they usually prohibit sales of anything related to firearms, so that was just dumb luck.

At this stage gun auction cites are your friend but expect to pay at least double for supplies.