Recommend A 243 Bullet

CarJunkieLS1

Barrel twist? Intended ranges? I've never shot them but the Sierra 85gr BTHP has an almost legendary reputation for accuracy.

mikejonestkd

I use my 243 win rifles and pistols for deer hunting so I use Hornady 100 gr BTSP, and 95 GR Hornady SST. both work just fine out of 1 in 10 twist barrels.

With a 1 in 8 twist you could go heavier if you like, but its not really needed unless long range target shooting is in your future.

Carjunkie's suggestion of the 85 gr BTHP is sound advice, it is a great bullet for paper punching and varmints if needed.

mxsailor803

One of my favorites is a older design and heavier than most use, Sierra ProHunter 100gr. Been using it for target, coyotes, hogs, foxes, and deer since the early 90’s. I’m also one of those people that don’t change up my bullet when I find one the rifle likes.

If intending to shoot the heavier bullet weights of any caliber. It's better to size up in caliber and shoot that calibers smaller fastest bullet weights.

lugerstew

Had good luck with 75g vmax 2 weeks ago in my 243 1 in 9 twist, best 100yd 3 round group of my life, the 38grain load was 3 in one hole, its hanging on the wall in my loading room. Darn, i guess i dont know how to upload photos, it just keeps saying upload failed. Sorry

Last edited: