Recoil spring in USP slacking too much...

New_comer

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know if the slide spring of my USP9f are still ok. I have fired 300 rnds already thru the gun with no FTE's/FTF's, (except for the keyholing occurrence when using plated reload bullets last week). But after my last range session, i noticed that the main recoil spring is slacking to an extent that when i replace the recoil assembly into its slot, the slacking main spring rubs against the barrel quite noticeably. When i realign the spring so as it doesn't rub against the barrel, it now rubs against the frame. :( Is this normal? :confused:

Any inputs would be most welcome...

Regards,

New_comer

Gunhead

Yes, it sounds completely normal to me. The spring will rub to the barrel or the frame (mostly to the frame). Who cares? I dont have problems with this after 9000+ rounds, it doesnt affect accuracy or reliability...

Kobra

My USP9 does the exact same thing. Hell mine needed a 100 or so rounds before it was even broke in - then it became faultless.

New_comer

Thanks a lot, guys! ;)

Glad that it's still ok. I think I'm just being very careful considering the recent failures suffered recently by several of our fellow TFL'rs (skyslash, denfoote, and many others). Wouldn't want to have a time bomb in my hands...

Thanks again,

New_comer :cool: